Sunday, October 21, 2012

Practicum

I am in a fifth grade classroom at Horace Elementary School. Some things that I have learned and observed are how to get the classes attention when they are being loud are the teacher is trying to introduce something new to them. One thing that my teacher does is he raises his hand when they want them to be quiet. It has seemed to work every well with his class because they see him or another student raising their hand so then soon everyone is raising their hand and their mouths are shut. The role is very different being on the teacher side rather then the student side because you see things that the students don't always see. I like that the students aren't afraid to ask me questions. I like being able to help the students out with any questions that they have. I like being more in the teacher position then the student position because the students look up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment